BUILDING SURVEY TRAINING DAY IN MANCHESTER
Residential Building Surveys – A Practical Workshop (1 Day)
Training Day – Manchester, 5 Jun 2014 at
Park Inn by Radisson
Cheetham Hill Road
- OTHER LOCATIONS –
- London› 2 Jul 2014
- Nottingham› 24 Sep 2014
- London› 5 Nov 2014
- Manchester› 10 Dec 2014
CPD – (6HRS) Continuing Professional Development is a commitment by members to the continual updating of knowledge and skills throughout life, in order to remain competent and relevant in their field. RICS Members must undertake a minimum of 20hrs CPD each calendar year. Of these, 10hrs must be formal CPD and the remainder can be informal.
As valuation work has reduced, many residential practitioners have increased the proportion of condition assessment products to fill the gap.
For the Condition and Homebuyer Reports and other ‘level two’ services this is not usually a problem; building survey reports however, can be more problematic. Not only are the inspections more extensive and the reports longer, the nature of the advice demands a deeper understanding of technical issues.
Without this, practitioners quickly become vulnerable because clients and courts have higher expectations of those who carry out building surveys.
This one day course will investigate these and other issues by deconstructing the residential building survey so practitioners can review and evaluate their own approach.
This course is suitable for
- APC candidates who want an insight into this popular and challenging professional service
- Practitioners who currently carry out valuations and HomeBuyer Reports and want to broaden and deepen their skills so they can more confidently provide building surveys
- Those we already providing building surveys for their clients but want to evaluate their own practice
What you will learn
Participants should be familiar with residential property and have some experience of providing condition assessment related products for clients.
By the end of the course, you will be able to
- Describe the guidance and advice for the building surveys published by RICS and other appropriate organisations and commentators
- Understand the knowledge and skills required to provide an effective building survey service to clients
- Define the nature and extent of the building survey inspection
- Based on a photographic case study, write a number of typical paragraphs that could be included in a building survey report
- Be aware of the ways building surveys can be offered to clients
What is included
- Comprehensive course manual
- Individual and group exercises
- Certificate of training course attendance
- Lunch and refreshments.
Price excluding vat £295.00 for RICS members
£369.00 for non-members
09:00 to 17:00 (Mon -Fri)
If your simply looking for a Building Surveyor call 0845 463 8979